How to Install Ubuntu on PC
Video on how to: https://youtu.be/mgpb6FgOe2I
You PC should have a windows unlicensed OS but if you wish to install ubuntu free to do so.
- Make sure you restart the PC before starting. While you are about to restart the PC make sure you press and hold the shift key before you click on restart.
- Download the Ubuntu software on https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop better save it on a USB drive.
- Once you do the restart with shift key is pressed it will go on this page. Choose troubleshoot. Then advanced options.
- Once on advanced options select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Once selected it will prompt you to restart the PC.
- Then it will go to the BIOS.
- Now we need to access the advanced mode. By pressing the F7 on keyboard.
- Then it will go on this main screen. Then click the menu on top says boot.
- Once on boot menu you will see this CSM (Compatibility Support Module) click it then enable. Once enabled, go back by clicking the back button (which I put a red circle.)
- Once clicked on the back button, now go to SECURE BOOT then click on other OS. Then press F10.
- From there it will say SAVE CHANGES and RESET. (BEFORE YOU CLICK ON OK MAKE SURE THE UBUNTU USB IS PLUGGED IN ON THE USB PORT AT THE BACK OF THE PC).
- While system is restarting wait until the numlock light is on then keep pressing F8 and it should bring up the boot menu. Choose the USB name you have (MAKE SURE YOU SELECTED THE NON UEFI) THEN HIT OKAY. THEN IT WILL BOOT UP INTO UBUNTU.
- Click on INSTALL UBUNTU. Then choose US keyboard. (default)
- Hit on normal installation. Then CONTINUE.
- Select ERASE DISK AND INSTALL UBUNTU. Then INSTALL NOW.
- A pop up will appear confirming that all will be erased. Which we are since we will be removing the windows.
- Choose your region/location Then hit conitnue. System will ask you your details and preferred password. Once done hit CONTINUE. System will copy the files on Hard or SSD. Then will restart the PC. SYSTEM WILL NOTIFIY YOU (MAKE SURE USB IS REMOVED THEN CLICK ENTER).
- AFTER REBOOT THE SYSTEM WILL ASK YOU TO PUT IN THE PASSWORD YOU SET ON THE DETAILS BOX.